4.29.2010

It appears that I am on a farm...

A wrap up of what went on in Portland for the twenty hours I was in the city. Not nearly long enough. I will be going back there, regardless of what the future holds.

The only landscape shots I'll trouble you with, though I took plenty more:



VooDoo donuts, and the infamous maple bacon log:





Powell's Books. Worth moving to this town, just for this place. I spent an hour here...OK two...three maybe, and if I hadn't been on my very best behavior I might well have bankrupted myself:



This made me smile, in a nerdy(I'm not a hippie, damn it!) sort of way:


I went to the Rogue brewery and distillery; I hadn't realized that they started working with spirits, but I skipped trying any, given that I'm not J, and wouldn't be able to recognize a fine gin if it bit me on the butt. I walked around a lot, and rode a bus, and generally enjoyed as much as I could cram in, in the short time I was there.

The drive the next day was easy, and relaxed even though since the trip was mostly around the perimeter of Olympic nation park it rained, a steady drizzle, almost constantly. It was beautiful, perhaps the greenest place I've ever been. I arrived at the farm, and it was not quite what I was expecting, but given some hard work, we're going to get this place in tip top shape before I know it. It will be exceptionally hard work, but the rewards will be well worth it.

I'll probably wait until I've done a couple of days worth of work before doing a post about life on the farm, but I'll leave you with one ridiculous image, and insist that you all feel free to make fun, harass, and otherwise denigrate me all you wish, in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment