7.25.2010

I really thought this was a short one, when I started writing...

It seems that one hundred days ago, I left Georgia for the great unknown. Having come to know at least one little section of it, I can confirm, that it is indeed, great.

I don't really have anything profound to say to mark the occasion. Farm work continues, we're quite busy all the time, but I still have time to write, and when someone invites me out for an adventure I always jump at the chance, and have yet to regret it.

Looking forward to Portland this weekend. Have no agenda, and don't even have plans for where I'm staying, or when exactly I'll be there, but I'm not stressing the details.

Some pictures to tide you over until I have something more substantial to share.

My first assortment of summer squash:



Blackberries, coming on strong. I swear the raspberries just started a week ago, and the last time I checked these were still green, and the size of a dime:



Hey look, pumpkins. Is it Hallowe'en yet?:


Food still grows, all of it growing inexorably closer to harvest. Zuccs and Cukes, Beans and corn, Celery, Broccoli, and Kohlrabi:




Sunday morning bread baking:


Some shots from today's hike to Lake Angeles. Wildflowers:




What on Earth are these?:

I don't know, but they turn into this:

And this thing?:


Lake Angeles, herself:


Look at that color:Come on in, the water's...well cold, but it was hot, and so that's fine:

A newt? I got better(sorry):


Waterfalls, at the lake, and on the trail:

I also took a hike with Maggie earlier this week up to Hurricane Hill, From Hurricane Ridge. Holy shit, pardon my swear words children, but holy shit. I don't know what I was expecting, but I can't believe it took me so long to get there. It was as beautiful a place as I've ever been. How does that keep happening to me here? It was fantastic, and I'm glad I didn't bring my camera because any attempt to capture what I saw would have failed to do it justice. The sun was setting, and the light was amazing. I can't say for sure, but I felt myself grinning like an idiot more than once. If mountains and wildflower dotted sub-alpine meadows are your thing, you could do a lot worse than to come to the peninsula. Also we saw bears. Plural. Heh.

I hope you are all doing as well as I. I know the time difference makes communication difficult, but I hope y'all know if you need me, you can call anytime. Love you all.

Oh, and lest I forget...Peaches, who knew?:

No comments:

Post a Comment